Art During Our Time Away From School

Did you know that making art is a stress reliever?  Using your brain to think creatively allows you to step away from situations that are stressful.  It can build confidence, release feel-good hormones in the brain, and allow the artist to express themselves without words.

Heather L. Stuckey, DEd and Jeremy Nobel, MD, “Engagement with creative activities has the potential to contribute toward reducing stress and depression and can serve as a vehicle for alleviating the burden of chronic disease.”
“Through creativity and imagination, we find our identity and our reservoir of healing. The more we understand the relationship between creative expression and healing, the more we will discover the healing power of the arts,”  (“The Connection Between Art, Healing, and Public Health: A Review of Current Literature” , U.S. National Institute of Health’s (NIH) website).

As we break from school for this time, I encourage you to allow space for your child to be creative each day.  I will be posting some digital and non-digital ideas to try out at home.  I’d love to see any work students create during this time away.  Feel free to email me photos!