All About Mrs. Chmura

Each school year brings new and exciting challenges!  A new group, a new dynamic, and a new opportunity to help each student thrive are all things that excite me.  I LOVE teaching fifth graders, and I feel privileged to teach your student this year.

I went to college in the suburbs of Chicago and earned my bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education with a minor in Art.  I taught middle school in the suburbs of Chicago before I took some time off to be at home with my own children.  I was a long-term substitute teacher in 9 different positions in Hudsonville for 3 years.  I learned quite a bit about the district during that time, developed a deep respect for the district, and was happy to be hired to teach 4th grade last year at Park Elementary. I am thrilled to now be part of this great Georgetown team.

My goal is to help your student grow to be the best he or she can be.  I want your child to feel confident in his or her abilities and to be comfortable in the classroom.  I hope to inspire and encourage your student daily.

My husband, Dan, and I live in Holland.  We have 2 wonderful children: Dylan and Amelia, and 2 fabulous pets: Oscar the dog, and Boots the cat.  My favorite things to do outside of school are: paint, read, go to the beach, drink coffee, have movie night with my family, eat chocolate, and go on road trips to Chicago.  I am a major Chicago sports fan and root for the Cubs, Bears, and Bulls (I’m not a huge hockey person, and I would NEVER cheer for the White Sox!).

Thank you for allowing me to be part of your student’s journey!  I look forward to working with you to make this year a great one!