Your students worked incredibly hard once again this week! I am proud of the progress that is being made. Snow was an exciting addition to our week, and students could hardly contain themselves. Don’t forget to send your student with appropriate snow gear, so they can enjoy it.
Our classroom holiday breakfast will be on Friday, Dec. 22. We are still in need of donations. Click here to check for what is still needed and to sign up.
Here is what is ahead for next week:
- We will be finishing up Unit 3: Multiplication and Division with Fractions and beginning Unit 4: Multiplication with Whole Numbers and Decimals
- We are focusing on becoming powerful readers of narrative and expository nonfiction texts, as well as constructing written responses that give evidence to support our thinking.
- We are continuing our look into Unit 2: Three Worlds Meet where we’re learning about Native American cultural regions and how climate and natural resources influenced the culture that developed in each region.
- We are wrapping up our investigations on the causes and effects of the changing landscape of the Sleeping Bear Dunes.
- Georgetown Elementary Holiday Program is on Thursday, December 14 at Fair Haven. Watch your teacher’s blog for specific details.
- Candy cane sale continues through Dec. 15. Students who wish to purchase a candy cane may bring in $1. Candy canes will be delivered to students each day.